Graphics

 View Only
  • 1.  NBA datalinq help to connect take ID to jersey when players are in player "bins"

    Posted 11-05-2021 18:16
    I have a few questions here, likely need help from someone who uses it. 

    1. How can I code lower thirds to pull using %relid% based off the JERSEY? The players are essentially sorted into "bins" based off a preassigned league number (see screenshots for reference. Right now I have it coded one bin to a lower third, but end up changing the Take Id to their jersey once I've previewed.  I would like some way to code this to utilize %relid%, essentially populating all their info, but connecting their JERSEY to the TAKE ID/relid




    ------------------------------
    SaraBeth Groover
    ------------------------------


  • 2.  RE: NBA datalinq help to connect take ID to jersey when players are in player "bins"

    MalThePal
    Posted 11-05-2021 18:56
    I had better luck using Datalinq keys where I used jersey numbers to pick the player I wanted. Look into using Datalinq keys instead.

    ------------------------------
    Malcolm Thorpe
    TV Syndicate/Icon Fitness
    ------------------------------



  • 3.  RE: NBA datalinq help to connect take ID to jersey when players are in player "bins"

    Posted 11-10-2021 11:47
    Hi SaraBeth,

    I would be happy to help you work through this if you want me to.  Send me an email and we can set up a time to work on this. - there are a number of different ways to tackle this issue. - Down to the worst way of doing it.  MLS does some stats through OPTA where we had to sort based on playerID which I see in your XML tree of data exist for you as well.  So I had scripting in a scene that would look at that player ID to identify the player.  It was awful, but it worked.

    Garrett.hall.d@gmail.com

    ------------------------------
    Garrett Hall
    Overtime Elite
    ------------------------------



  • 4.  RE: NBA datalinq help to connect take ID to jersey when players are in player "bins"

    Posted 11-10-2021 16:23
    Thank you for the offer! I did actually get help with this. The answer that worked was to keep my datalinq key in place and in the COLUMN in any datalinqed field to change "player" to "players\player<JerseyNumber=%Jersey%>"

    I kept all my sequence lower thirds in a group with the 100/200/300 etc take ID, and that coding then uses the relid and Jersey key to pull the jersey number from the take ID and runs a query to find the player with that jersey number.


    ------------------------------
    SaraBeth Groover
    ------------------------------