Graphics

View Only
  • 1.  xpressions xpScene method ApplySceneDirectorPositions

Posted 07-28-2022 19:10
    I inherited some code that calls ApplySceneDirectorPositions(). I have tested with and without the call but can't tell a difference. What does the call do?

------------------------------
    David Ball

• 2.  RE: xpressions xpScene method ApplySceneDirectorPositions

Ross Staff
    Posted 07-29-2022 12:47
    In what event is the script running? 

From the XPression change log: 
    • [implemented] xpScene.ApplySceneDirectorPositions can be called from within a xpEngine.OnRender callbacks to apply the scene director positions
    I'm fairly certain this method would only work when called from an API app that is reading an xpEngine event, I don't think it can be used inside any XPression script events.

• 3.  RE: xpressions xpScene method ApplySceneDirectorPositions

Posted 07-29-2022 18:57
    I'm sorry.  When I say I inherited code, I meant I inherited code that made that call.  Maybe there are multiple ways of making that call and I didn't clarify.  I inherited code in c#. It uses the Xpression com object to interact with the Ross Expression xpf's.  The code has the call ApplySceenDirecotrPositions which has no documentation but seems like it might be an expensive call. I'm not sure that it is needed so I did some tests with and without it. In my limited tests I couldn't tell a difference.  I am still curious what is does. I don't entirely understand "apply the scene director positions"
    thanks
    dave

David Ball

• 4.  RE: xpressions xpScene method ApplySceneDirectorPositions

Posted 08-15-2022 18:02
    Anyone have any ideas?  This has become a highly urgent issue.
    thanks

David Ball