Graphics

View Only
  • 1.  Having data trigger an image

Posted 6 days ago
    Is there a way so that I can get my datalinq cell to pull an image to display that image based on what the data it is pulling.  So I have an out of town score slate for NHL teams that are playing that night.  I have the score and time linked through datalinq, and that is pulling just fine.  I have the logos of the teams for the respective games but I have to manual set those each day.  So I would love, if there was a way, to have something look at that json data (where all the other data is coming from) and say it has the Flyers playing, and it will pull the Flyers logo from my project and throw that up instead of text.  Hopefully that makes some sense and if there is a way I would love to learn. 

Thank you guys in advance.

------------------------------
    Erik Walck
    Director of Audio Visual
    Lehigh Valley Phantoms / PPL Center

• 2.  RE: Having data trigger an image

Posted 6 days ago
    Erik,

It sounds like a dynamic material would work for you.

Datalinq a text object "Text1" to the name of the team.

On the logo quad, go the object inspector datalinq tab and choose dynamic material radio button.

In the material path C:\Dynamic\@Text1@.png

Save your team logos to that folder with the exact names from your data.

I think the @Text1@ macro may be case sensitive...and it seems like punctuation/special characters might break it.

Hope this helps,
    James.​

James Hessler
    WAAY (HEARTLAND MEDIA)

• 3.  RE: Having data trigger an image

Ross Staff
    Posted 6 days ago
    I answered this here;
    https://livinglive.community/discussion/tying-dynamic-material-to-a-different-datalinq#bm5a7f0fb4-e2d7-419d-a14a-9d9f8ab74a2a

Simon Redmile
    Senior Graphic Programmer & Designer
    Ross Video
    Bristol United Kingdom