Graphics

View Only
  • 1.  How to call a different scene with "same" %relid%...

Posted 10-15-2022 08:35

So, I have a Tessera setup, and we're doing Player Presentations on the big LED screen in our arena before a game. All good!
    I populate the datafields on those templates by using %relid% within a group. And it works perfectly. There's even some scripting going on where I can check if we have a greenscreen video of the player, if not it defaults to his picture instead and animates the same length etc etc...

However, I would very much like to trigger some of the LED boards around the arena as well at the same time.
    But I dont know the perfect time/lenght of the scene directors before, so I cant just create "the same" in a different format and take those online as well.

What I wanted to try and do is the following:

1. In the "main scene" running on the main screen. OnOnline, get its own TakeID from the sequencer.
    2. Manipulate that sequencer with +100.
    3. Take online that new TakeID wich would then be the LED boards with it's datalinq values being the same %relid%.
    Dunno if that made sense to anyone...

------------------------------
    Aleksander Stalsberg
    Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences/Lillehammer Icehockey Club
    Norway

• 2.  RE: How to call a different scene with "same" %relid%...

Posted 10-16-2022 15:26

Horrible formulation of my question really.
    Let me just rephrase into way simpler terms..

In the DataLinq properties of the Template Data for a scene in the Sequencer, you can right click, and insert %takeid% as a macro for getting the scenes takeid and grab that row for example in the DataLinq properties...

Is there a way to access the same info in the script editor within a scene? I want to do the following...

1. Get the takeid as a variable in the script (ie. 101)
    2. Manipulate that takeid with say +100 (ie. 201)
    3. Then use the execute function of the xpBaseTakeItem based on the new takeid to take another scene online from the first one...
    Hope that made more sense... I feel like it has to be possible, but I cant find the correct info in the Xpression SDK...
    I do know that there is a read/write "ID Property" property in the xpBaseTakeItem Object, but unsure of how I would access it from within its own scene.

Aleksander Stalsberg
    Norway

• 3.  RE: How to call a different scene with "same" %relid%...

Posted 10-17-2022 10:24
    Another option you can have that is a little simpler to troubleshoot live would be to have a text box published on a scene, and inside of that text box, manually write the Take ID that you want to fire.  Then if you want it to fire when the scene goes online.  Then just add a script to your SceneOnline section that gets the text from that text box, that then executes a take from that information.  Depending on how many take IDs that you need to do, should be able to do that as many times as you want.

What you were requesting above is obviously possible.  Just leaves a lot of room for error should you need to change a player out late and it throw off the relic of the scene.

Garrett Hall
    Overtime Elite

• 4.  RE: How to call a different scene with "same" %relid%...

Posted 10-17-2022 11:14

Yes, this will be my workaround if I cannot access the %takeid% somewhere from the script.
    Been really stuck on this one for a while now...

Reason I want to use the takeid is because the datalinq datafields in the scenes would also use %relid% to grab the correct info, wich is also based on the takeid within a group... But yes, you are definetly correct, and something I soon will do if I cannot figure out how to grab the takeid in scripts...

Do you know if I can somehow use %relid% or %takeid% to set the text in a published text field? That would also "work" I suppose.

Aleksander Stalsberg
    Norway

• 5.  RE: How to call a different scene with "same" %relid%...

Ross Staff
    Posted 10-18-2022 14:27

Hey Alek,

You can get take ID's from scripts. 

dim take1 as xpTakeItem

engine.sequencer.getFocusedTakeItem(take1)

take1.execute

Because its Tessera I think you'll need to use project instead of engine;

project.sequencer.getFocusedTakeItem(take1)

So I think to do what you want to do it would look something like;

dim take1, take2 as xpTakeItem

project.sequencer.getFocusedTakeItem(take1)

project.sequencer.getTakeItemByID(take1.ID + 100,take2)

take2.execute

Simon Redmile
    Senior Graphic Programmer & Designer
    Ross Video
    Bristol United Kingdom

• 6.  RE: How to call a different scene with "same" %relid%...

Ross Staff
    Posted 10-18-2022 14:31
    I just had a thought, if the Tessera nodes are blue boxes there's no sequencer so this method isn't going to work.

Simon Redmile
    Ross Video
    Bristol United Kingdom

• 7.  RE: How to call a different scene with "same" %relid%...

Posted 10-18-2022 17:02

Ahhh, mistook your post there @Red

No they're not bluebox' as this is a Single Engine Tessera running on a Graphite SCE Xpression.
    I will test out your sollution above and come back to you.

If you can just chime in though, where would you put the script? In the "onOnline" or somewhere in the scene director as a trigger?
    Or another event?

Aleksander Stalsberg
    Norway

• 8.  RE: How to call a different scene with "same" %relid%...

Posted 10-20-2022 10:35

@Red Yes and no...

The script does what you'd think, and it does trigger with the engine object to call other scenes.
    However... I cannot use the ​getFocusedTakeItem to get the takeid of the scene that goes online...

Reason for this is that item that is in focus is the group upon wich the different scenes are within, and that group is set to auto, meaning the focused item is still the group, and not the actual scene that goes online...

Kinda thinking I should fall back on the other suggestion about calling the value from a text field in order to get it done instead.
    Unless there's another option to get a scene to refer to itself instead in scripting (not that I can spot...)

Aleksander Stalsberg
    Norway

• 9.  RE: How to call a different scene with "same" %relid%...

Ross Staff
    Posted 10-20-2022 11:12
    Is the scene already online that you want to reference? You could get it from the layer GetTakeItemOnLayer?

Other available calls are, GetTakeItemByIndex, could be interesting if the item you want is always the same place in the playlist? 

You also have GetFirstTakeItem and GetLastTake Item if that could be useful? 

Simon Redmile
    Ross Video
    Bristol United Kingdom

• 10.  RE: How to call a different scene with "same" %relid%...

Posted 10-22-2022 07:58

@Red well, not really... But I do guess I could put it on say fram 2 in the scene director and look for "itself" with the GetTakeItemOnLayer option...
    That should in theory work... I'm kinda leaning towards just using the textfields anyhow, as it's more pliable when working with it...

I do think it's kinda wierd that there's no GetTakeItemSelf or something similar to be honest, but gotta work with what I've got!

Follow up question though, is there any way I can get a text field to self populate with it's take ID though?
    I'm thinking through tags or through keys and/or tags, or a combination thereof... Been trying, but either I cant get the tags correct or I'm misunderstanding.​

Aleksander Stalsberg
    Norway