Graphics

View Only
  • 1.  Looking for a list of supported JSON datalinq queries

Posted 17 days ago
    Hi! Through some digging in the forum I found an awesome shortcut that allows me to search JSON files  for specific key-value-pairs using this method in the "column" section on Set Datalinq Properties and then use the "row" section to search any child attributes. Was curious if there are other shortcuts that we could be using for JSON and CSV providers (our two most common types in esports).

Appreciate anything anyone knows on this subject (and hope this shortcut to search JSONs is as useful to others as it is to me!)

------------------------------
    Nick Huntley

• 2.  RE: Looking for a list of supported JSON datalinq queries

Ross Staff
    Posted 14 days ago
    Here are a few more comparison keys that are available:

• The XML/JSON datalinqs can now search multiple attributes or elements to return a node that matches all search criteria.  e.g. players<team=NY;jersey=10>
    •  A DataLinq comparison key such as <club=ross> can now have an additional index parameter as well, like so <club=ross<2>>, which will retrieve the second item matching the key. 
    • The XML datalinq types can search for children elements/attributes in a level of the tree by using "childname.field=%key%".  e.g. player<info.jersey=%num%>\name

Jeff Mayer
    Ross Video

• 3.  RE: Looking for a list of supported JSON datalinq queries

Posted 8 days ago
    Awesome! This is a great list to work off of - should help cut down the number of custom endpoint requests I make to our API support guy exponentially! 

One other question - may be more of a support issue - any idea how many datalinqs one can active run at once before performance becomes degraded? I noticed after about 30 RSS JSON datalinqs that we start to have some cached results displaying from time to time that won't reset until we restart datalinq. Curious if I'm toeing a line that I should be more cautious of or if 30 RSS/JSON datalinqs sounds sane still.

Nick Huntley

• 4.  RE: Looking for a list of supported JSON datalinq queries

Ross Staff
    Posted 8 days ago
    Hey Nick,

I'm not sure if we have a hard limit but don't forget the Datalinq license is only on the machine receiving datalinq. You can install Datalinq Server software on as many machines as you like to split the load and then add multiple datalinq connections on your Studio software. Datalinq will run on any windows10 machine so you can install it anywhere without a dongle in the machine.

Simon Redmile
    Senior Graphic Programmer & Designer
    Ross Video
    Bristol United Kingdom