Graphics

View Only
  • 1.  Looping Group, Play First Page Only Once

Posted 12 days ago
    Hey Everyone,

I have a group of 3 pages that loop. No issue with the loop portion.

However, the powers that be now want a sponsor page to go up to play first, then the group loops. Is there a way to only play the first page once, then the rest of the group (pages 2-4) loops continuously?

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Kurt

• 2.  RE: Looping Group, Play First Page Only Once

Ross Staff
    Posted 12 days ago
    I would probably have the sponsor page in a separate group, and then put a RosdsTalk or Script in the offline scene director/OnOffline script event that triggers the Timed Sequencer group. 

The RossTalk message would be TAKE and then the ID of the Timed Sequencer Group. 

The script would be something like:

dim group as xpTakeItemGroup

Engine.Sequencer.GetGroupByName("Group 1", group)

group.Execute

Other group controls:

.Cue

.SetOffline

.Pause

.Resume

• 3.  RE: Looping Group, Play First Page Only Once

Posted 12 days ago
    Thanks for the reply Garner. I'm still fairly new to scripting, so I want to make sure I am understanding it correctly. 

In the following script, the only part i need to change would be the "Group 1" text, correct? For example, if the group was named "Sponsor Rotation", then the script would need to be:

dim group as xpTakeItemGroup

Engine.Sequencer.GetGroupByName("Sponsor Rotation", group)

group.Execute

And this script goes in the "OnOffline" script section of the 1st page (the one I don't want looped)?

Thanks again!

Kurt

• 4.  RE: Looping Group, Play First Page Only Once

Ross Staff
    Posted 12 days ago
    Yes, that's exactly correct.
    An alternative place you could consider putting this script would be your scene director that is playing any OUT animation in the sponsor template you may have. On the Scene Director you can Right Click and Add Clip and select Script. You could put this script there as well, and trigger the scene group as the sponsor template is animating itself off, for example.