Graphics

View Only
  • 1.  Script for the Color tab of a Quad Object on the Sequence side

Posted 14 days ago
    Was just messing around with some color changes and was curious if there is a way to pull these values through scripting.

In the image attached you can see I have 6 published objects:
    1. Text Object - Message
    2. Quad Object - Background
    3. Quad Object - Text_Color_Picker
    4-6. Text Objects - RGB Values the operator can manually type in

On the Quad Object, the 'Color' tab is selected where you can generate any color (dark blue is selected for the text).
    For this particular scene the operator can select a color and manually input the RGB values into the respected Text Objects (4-6 - underneath). This will allow the operator to change the text color for this particular scenes use.

In the hopes of simplifying this even more, I am curious if there is a way to pull the value (hexcode) or HSL/RGB values of that Quad Object when this 'Color' tab is selected.
    I looked in the SDK but couldn't find anything I thought would relate to this specific 'Color' tab. I thought the OutputRed/Green/Blue property of the quad object was it for a second but that returns a boolean and not the respected RGB values.

------------------------------
    Dalton
    Senior Graphics Producer

• 2.  RE: Script for the Color tab of a Quad Object on the Sequence side

Ross Staff
    Posted 14 days ago
    Is this what you are after, its under material. 

Simon Redmile
    Senior Graphic Programmer & Designer
    Ross Video
    Bristol United Kingdom

• 3.  RE: Script for the Color tab of a Quad Object on the Sequence side

Posted 11 days ago
    I don't think so. I don't have a material applied to my quad object right now and I am still able to select the color tab (when the scene is dragged into the sequence). But I am not able to pull the RGB values from the quad itself. 
    I tried adding a material but the script just reads the base color of the material. Even when a new color is picked.

Dalton
    Senior Graphics Producer

• 4.  RE: Script for the Color tab of a Quad Object on the Sequence side

Posted 10 days ago
    IF you are using scripting, note that objects have a "MaterialCount" property. I too have had problems with color and trying to force a color via scripting to no avail. I tried on a text object that had this property at a value of 5, but the gui only showed one.

Try some experimenting and loop through the materials and see if the first or last material is the color. Hopefully it's not in the middle because that wouldn't make sense.

Sorry it's not a complete answer, but gives you a clue to some of the complexity.

Azathoth
    Son of Cthulhu