Graphics

View Only
  • 1.  XPression and Windows 11 for production

Posted 14 days ago

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience using XPression on Windows 11 64-bit in a production/live/broadcast environment. Red? Garner? Any of the other Ross people?
    Looking at the specs for systems on the website, Windows 10 64-bit is still being noted as a requirement.

------------------------------
    Gerard de Vries
    Solution Architect Live Graphics & Virtual Graphics
    EMG
    The Netherlands

• 2.  RE: XPression and Windows 11 for production

Posted 12 days ago
    We use it on a few of our machines that we forgot to block from updating via group policy. It hasn't presented any issues on Studio and I've been building on W11 on Developer for nearly a year - haven't had any issues on my end when deploying shows onto W10 or W11 based Studio machines. But your mileage may very - it's definitely not officially supported yet.

Nick Huntley

• 3.  RE: XPression and Windows 11 for production

Posted 10 days ago

I have been using XPN studio on W11 for past couple of months. Infact I am using XPN on AMD processor and haven't faced any issue. But I use this machine only for designing purpose and not for output. So cannot comment if there would be any variation on Output with is configuration. 
    Gaurav 

GAURAV SODHANI
    Freelancer

• 4.  RE: XPression and Windows 11 for production

Ross Staff
    Posted 8 days ago
    Gerard,

We have not performed in-depth product testing with Windows 11 on XPression. I can tell you I have an XPression 1RU M7 and 2RU M7 both running XPression. The Matrox card, NVIDIA GPU and RAID controller are all working fine. The one suggestion I would make is to check the settings for User Access Control and set them as low as you can go.
    We have been busy with the release of XPression version 11.0, which is going out, now. We also found that most of our customers were just getting through the requirements of switching from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and are not all ready to move to Windows 11, yet.  We will begin looking at officially qualifying XPression on Windows 11 soon.

Patrick Twomey
    Director of Graphics Product Management
    Ross Video
    [www.rossvideo.com/XPression]

• 5.  RE: XPression and Windows 11 for production

Posted 8 days ago
    Hi Patrick, Nick and Gaurav,

Thanks for your reply.

@Patrick: We're not in a hurry to make a switch to Window 11 either, but a lot of new laptops come with Windows 11 pre-installed these days and have no drivers supporting Windows 10. Since we're in the process of purchasing a laptop for live production we needed to investigate the support for Windows 11. I'm also in contact with Tech Support and they will keep me posted on the support for Windows 11.

Gerard de Vries
    Solution Architect Live Graphics & Virtual Graphics
    EMG
    The Netherlands