Graphics

View Only
  • 1.  Xpression Presentation Clicker

Posted 7 days ago
    What options are available for wireless clickers for Xpression? Will just the off the shelf clicker work or is there a specific brand that is needed to interface with Xpression?

------------------------------
    Sam Gibby
    Broadcast Engineer
    University of Arkansas
    Fayetteville United States

• 2.  RE: Xpression Presentation Clicker

Ross Staff
    Posted 7 days ago
    What do you want the result to be, next page I guess? 

From what I remember you'll need to setup up keybindings for this to work correctly. 

And then click set and then click the clicker to set the button press.

I have never done it for a clicker with XPression so I am purely speculating here.

Simon Redmile
    Senior Graphic Programmer & Designer
    Ross Video
    Bristol United Kingdom

• 3.  RE: Xpression Presentation Clicker

Posted 5 days ago
    Red,

This worked perfectly!  I did have to run a USB extension cable from my server room to the studio so the receiver would catch the clicker signal, but once I did that, it worked perfect!

Sam Gibby
    Broadcast Engineer
    University of Arkansas
    Fayetteville United States

• 4.  RE: Xpression Presentation Clicker

Ross Staff
    Posted 5 days ago
    Pleased it works! :)

Simon Redmile
    Ross Video
    Bristol United Kingdom

• 5.  RE: Xpression Presentation Clicker

Posted 6 days ago
    You could use, for example, the Logitech R500. In the control software you can assign key strokes to the buttons of the clicker and as Red says: you can assign these key strokes to functions in XPression.
    The advantage: it is very easy to setup and is very cheap, while the clicker works flawless, even in a TV-studio where there are a lot of radio signals.
    The disadvantage: you need to keep the focus on the XPression application. If, for whatever reason, the focus is on a different application, the key stroke will end up there and will not trigger anything in XPression. Ideally you would want to modify the control software of the clicker so instead of a key stroke, a Ross Talk command will be send and I have discussed opening up their control software for 3rd parties with Logitech but without success. A possible work around would be to have a system dedicated for the clicker which 'translates' the key stroke to a Ross Talk command, but that will add to the cost.

Gerard de Vries
    Solution Architect Live Graphics & Virtual Graphics
    EMG
    The Netherlands

• 6.  RE: Xpression Presentation Clicker

Ross Staff
    Posted 6 days ago
    Yes Ross talk would be better.

Do Elgato make anything that you could use or perhaps a clicker could be used to trigger their software since that already supports RossTalk. Just spitballing ideas here but if the Streamdeck software supports the clicker button presses could be a good work around.

Simon Redmile
    Ross Video
    Bristol United Kingdom