Graphics

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

XPression Studio Running Slow

• 1.  XPression Studio Running Slow

Posted 12-12-2022 11:41
    Hi all, so I recently updated from Ross XPression 10.5 to 11 and since then XPression takes I normally did are now taking full 5-10 seconds to load up to my boards. Any solutions or ideas to why it would be taking so long to load up TakeID's? It mostly happens when I create a TakeID that takes multiple ID's with just the one TakeID.

------------------------------
    Hunter Gipson
    Event Production Coordinator
    Nashville Sounds

• 2.  RE: XPression Studio Running Slow

Ross Staff
    Posted 12-13-2022 10:26
    If this is impacting your on-air production, please contact Ross Tech Support: https://support.rossvideo.com/hc/en-us

By "load take item" do you mean how long it takes for a Take Item to go online after you have triggered it? 

If so, is the take item taking a long time to go online after you trigger it in the XPression GUI and/or the output? As in, is the output going online at the right speed, but the GUI is just slow? Is it possible the GUI is showing the transition of the take item?

If you create a simple scene with just text/one object, is that Take Item also "slow"? 

Is this a Tessera Master and Node system? 

• 3.  RE: XPression Studio Running Slow

Posted 12-13-2022 11:39
    Yes, so it going online takes the 5-10 seconds. Its only complicated ones that have more takeids linked to the main one. So once I online the TakeID that has template data built into the scene to take online other scenes for different boards it takes the full 5-10 seconds. That didn't happen when I was on 10.5. Creating a simple scene with no template data that just has a simple scene it instantly goes online. It is a tessera master.

Hunter Gipson
    Nashville Sounds

• 4.  RE: XPression Studio Running Slow

Ross Staff
    Posted 12-13-2022 11:43
    What build of 11 did you upgrade to?

• 5.  RE: XPression Studio Running Slow

Posted 12-13-2022 11:46
    64 bit

Hunter Gipson
    Nashville Sounds

• 6.  RE: XPression Studio Running Slow

Ross Staff
    Posted 12-13-2022 11:50
    The build number, ex 11.0 build 5658

• 7.  RE: XPression Studio Running Slow

Posted 12-13-2022 11:53
    Sorry, misunderstood it is v11.0 build 5654 (64 bit)

Hunter Gipson
    Nashville Sounds

• 8.  RE: XPression Studio Running Slow

Ross Staff
    Posted 12-13-2022 12:02
    Do the individual take IDs go online quickly if you trigger them separately? Is it only if you use a Take All Take Item Group that it is slow?

• 9.  RE: XPression Studio Running Slow

Posted 12-13-2022 12:09
    Individually the takeid's go online instantly. Its the take all aspect when it all slows down, it says PREPARING when I use the takeid that activates them all. It used to just auto take and have zero issues when I used this method before the update.

Hunter Gipson
    Nashville Sounds

• 10.  RE: XPression Studio Running Slow

Ross Staff
    Posted 12-13-2022 15:32
    It looks like you have a ticket open with Tech Support and they will be investigating tomorrow. 
    The next thing I would try is removing Take Items from the Take All Group and figuring out if one of the take items is causing the issue or if some combination of items is causing the issue.

• 11.  RE: XPression Studio Running Slow

Posted 12-13-2022 17:18
    They actually remoted in today and figured out it is a scripting issue. So I will be trying to figure out where in the script is the issue. Thank you though Garner I'll repost in here if I have any more questions.

Hunter Gipson
    Nashville Sounds