Last updated: 4/19/2021
Community Rules and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions, shared files, and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium through which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions regarding the functionality, security or use of the community platform should be directed to our member services department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions regarding the functionality, security or use of the community platform, contact the member services department. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide. If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, and illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in the message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
Ross Video respects the community. We understand that people may inadvertently violate the rules, and we will not immediately ban someone from the community following a single violation. Rather, Ross Video follows a graduated enforcement policy for these guidelines.
- First Violation: A written notice is sent to the member who violates the guidelines.
- Second Violation: A written notice is sent to the member who violates the guidelines. The individual’s community account is put into moderation for 30 days so that messages from his/her account are reviewed before they are posted online. The individual has a phone call with the organization's community manager.
- Third Violation: The member's community access is suspended for six months.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of the Living Live Community. The Living Live Community is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by the Living Live Community or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall The Living Live Community be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants the Living Live Community and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.